Resolutions can be hard. The pressure and the struggle is all too real. While I like the idea of resolutions-I do well with long term goals-resolutions can make you feel like you have to lose something in order to fill a void elsewhere. Instead, I like to think of the New Year as a time to add something to my life. More music, more art, more family. Why not make a list of meaningful experiences and see if you are more successful in keeping those? My family and I decided to test this theory and created bucket lists for 2017. Michael and I each made one and then together made one for Bowie. Cheers to a fresh start in 2017!
Image by AnaMarisa Photography
Bowie’s Bucket List
- Build a snowman
- Attend my first music festival
- Go swimming in the ocean
- Attend my first sporting event
- Go fishing with my Grandpas
Cristina’s Bucket List
- Learn Spanish (and teach Bowie)
- Grow a garden or home compost
- Pay off my student loans and be debt-free!
- Go on a honeymoon with Michael
- Volunteer once a month with Bowie
Michael’s Bucket List
- Show Bowie the magic of West Texas-family road trip!
- Dust off the running shoes and hit the trails
- Go fishing with my brother-in-laws
- Simply put, be open!
- Kayak trip with my boys