Oh, maternity shoots. Pinterest can give them a pretty bad name. We’ve all seen those pictures. In fact, I have so many friends who opt out because they can’t imagine it not being cheesy. I get it. If you’re like us, and want to do something a little different on the big day, try these tips for a more personalized photo shoot.
1. Choose a photographer whose style you like. Don’t just go for the best price. Research, ask around and ultimately find someone whose style compliments yours.
2. Don’t coordinate your outfits. Just be yourself-it shows in the pictures.
3. Get inspired. Look on Pinterest, make a board and share these ideas with your photographer and partner.
4. Involve your partner. The photo with the sunglasses was my husband’s idea and ended up being our favorite.
5. Choose a modern location. We went with the South Congress Hotel in Austin.
Photography by Alysha Rainwaters